Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Mt. Humphreys




Since I am hiking the Grand Canyon soon, a few of the people we are going with wanted to hike Mt. Humphreys. I was game so we left one Saturday morning at 5:30 and were on the trail by about 8:45. About five hours later we were done and off to lunch then home. It was a great test to see if I am ready or able to do the Canyon and I felt good. Plus I can now say I have hiked the tallest mountain in Arizona!!!
The banner is actually wrong it is only 12633 feet high not 12663 but since this was the banner at the top that is what we used.

4 comments:

  1. thats awesome. i am proud of you and wish i could be there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job! I have hiked Mt. Humphreys too. You are soo ready for the Canyon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am impressed! And you look so darling, too!

    ReplyDelete