Sunday, January 16, 2011

Sad, yet Happy

This week I have been cleaning out my house, getting rid of toys the kids no longer play with, DIing clothes that don't fit, taking down the crib and getting Kate into a toddler bed. Things like that. As I am doing all of this I feel a little sad. The crib has been set up since Jack was born, eight years ago, and now it is down, never to be set up again. The train table that Jack loved is gone, but we kept the trains and train tracks. This means he is growing up and I am a little sad about this. The cute dresses of Kate's that I loved no longer fit her so they went to the neighbor who just had a baby girl. I hope they will be loved there. All of this makes me a little sad, yet I am happy. I know my kids are growing and it will be so fun to see what they become. Jack will always love trains but now he loves football and basketball more. Kate will get new dresses and maybe even sleep in her toddler bed from now on. Jay will continue to grow and find other things that he loves. I know it is a part of life but it still makes me a little sad to see my kids grow. I love the ages they are at now, but I know as they grow older I will love where they are at and how much they are learning.

1 comment:

  1. It is crazy how fast time flies, when you are in the mist of it it seems so slow then bam they are grown ups - I don't think I like it:)

    ReplyDelete