Sunday, January 13, 2013

Jay's Faith

I love when my children teach me things which is everyday really. But Jay just reminded me how I need to be more faithful and believe in prayers. The other night he was talking to Ryan and was telling him how he has been having bad dreams. Ryan asked him what he thought Jay should do. Jay answered I should stop watching "Mysteries of the Museum" and "Finding Bigfoot." Ryan said that would be a good idea. Jay then took it a step further and said "maybe I can say a prayer to help me sleep." So Jay said a prayer then Ryan put him to bed. Ryan went to check on him about five minutes later and Jay was sound asleep, such faith and innocence. Then a few days later Jay woke me up in the middle of the night after having a bad dream. I just told him to come and lay down and go to sleep. After he had crawled in bed with me and Ryan he then said, "mom, should I say a prayer." Of course I said yes and he said the sweetest prayer to help him sleep. I love that he has the faith in prayer and that he knows he will be comforted by asking our Heavenly Father for help. Jay really is a great boy and reminds me what is important often.

No comments:

Post a Comment