Friday, December 26, 2014

Christmas Eve

Christmas Eve
I love Christmas Eve. I love that we now have our own traditions.
 
We started the day off with a hike. I love being outside and taking advantage of the nice weather. We put up with very hot summers to have very nice winters. I like it this way.

When we got home Ryan did some yard work and talked the boys into jumping in the pool. Texas Roadhouse was on the line and the boys really wanted to go. So they jumped and we went out to dinner with just my family. I really like being with Ryan and the kids. I love listening to them talk and get along.
After dinner we went to the temple to look at the Nativities from around the world and walk around the temple grounds without huge crowds of people. I love seeing the Nativities and I hope my children feel the same way, just a little bit.
Christmas Eve night we went to look at Christmas lights with our friends, the Bartletts, but Kate wasn't feeling good so Ryan took her home. I missed having them there. It just wasn't' the same without them there. But once we got home the kids opened their Christmas pajamas and then we read the Nativity and talked about the true meaning of Christmas. Then my favorite part is putting the kids to be in Jack's room and having them pretend they are asleep. It makes me laugh every time. I love my family and love spending time with them.


No comments:

Post a Comment