Monday, April 20, 2009

Going Green

I have been trying my hardest to "go green." I recycle, bring my own bags to the grocery store (about every other time I go), wash my clothes in cold water, unplug most appliances and I walk to get Jack from school.
I have really enjoyed my walks to get Jack. It is about a mile round trip so I get a little exercise (if I can call it that because I am wearing flip flops). I get out of the house and my kids get to enjoy the outside plus it saves on gas and car emissions and all that.
Well, today (the start of earth week) all that ends. According to the newspaper the temperature is going to be 97 today and 100 tomorrow. My "going green" has limits and it is about 95 degrees. So sorry to all the environmentalist out there but it is just too dang hot to walk to get Jack from school.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Dyan...

    Good to hear from you. Just a tip...Its a lot easier to be greener if you don't live in AZ...aka the seventh circle of hell.

    Jen and I moved to Utah several years ago and absolutely love it!!!

    Shoot me an email sometime at me@toddlbauerle.com or find me on Facebook.

    See ya...Todd

    ReplyDelete