Thursday, October 7, 2010

Fall showers bring............... cooler weather

Finally it has happened. Fall has come to Mesa, Arizona. Yes, that season between summer and winter. That time of year when the temperature drops to a cool 90 degrees and if we are lucky into the 80's. The past few days it has rained and brought much cooler weather. I love it. I love that my children want to play outside. One day after school they never even made it inside. They dropped their backpacks in the garage and stayed outside. It was great. They road scooters, bikes, met the neighbors that they haven't seen outside since May, colored with chalk, and enjoyed the fact that it was not 100 degrees. In fact while it was raining I think the temperature dropped all the way to 77. Just wonderful. I am glad that fall is finally here and I am grateful for all the rain that fell. I heard somewhere that Mesa got an inch and a half of rain one day. That is crazy but great. I hope the triple digit weather is gone until April, May if we are lucky.
Here are my kids, Karrie's kids, and the neighbor kids outside playing.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so excited for this weather and to be able to play outside again!

    ReplyDelete