Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Women's Conference

On Saturday was the General Relief Society Meeting. My friends from the cruise texted me and said let's extend the cruise and have a girls night out, go to the meeting then on to dinner. I was game and I needed to go to the meeting. If they hadn't texted me I probably would not have gone. But I did go and learned or relearned some valuable lessons.
1. I love my husband. At the meeting a few women brought their children. I could hear them crying throughout and it made me appreciate Ryan so much. The entire time we have had children I have never felt like I couldn't leave them with him. He knows I need to go to these meetings so he says go and I leave without a second thought of if my little ones will be OK. I know they are. Ryan is a great dad and most of the time a better parent than me.
2. Those same women who brought their kids taught me that clearly they needed to be at the meeting. Even though they had little ones they knew how important it was to go. They were at the meeting and listening to some wise council. I know if I had to bring my little ones I would not have gone to the meeting. But these women did and I am sure they are blessed for it.
3. I need to do better on my visit teaching. Whenever I go I am blessed. I visit two great women and each time I learn something different from them that I wouldn't learn if I don't go.
4. President Monson is a true prophet of God. I loved his talk on not judging. I needed that reminder. I don't know how often I will judge only to find out the rest of the story and wish I hadn't judged. President Monson's talk was great. I know he is called of God to lead our church now. I know if I follow his council I will have a better life and live with our Heavenly Father again someday. Here is a link to his talk. I love his sense of humor.
http://new.lds.org/pages/general-rs-meeting-sept-2010?lang=eng

No comments:

Post a Comment