Saturday, February 26, 2011

Pinewood Derby

It's official I have a scout in my household. I was raised not liking scouts so my testimony of scouting is coming. I see that there are actually good things that come from scouting. Just don't ask me to donate to "friends of scouting".
Jack had his first Pinewood Derby. It was fun and exciting. The Saturday before Ryan went to our ward members house and cut out the car. Then they spent the next few days sanding it and getting ready. On Wednesday, the day of the race, we were painting it and putting the wheels on at 4:45, the race started at 5. But it got done and Jack came in third place. He was a little bummed out because before the weigh in he was winning all of the races, probably because the car was overweight, and after the weigh in he couldn't win. It was a great lesson in sportsmanship and winning. Thank you to Jack's scout leaders, they are two wonderful women who are teaching my son valuable lessons.

I love the anticipation on Jack's face. He was so fun to watch.

2 comments:

  1. Great pictures, I still do not like Pinewood derby but I will take Ty to weekly scouts (unless in interferes with football:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh you Goodman girls and your love of scouting...just wait until they call you to be cub leaders, our bishop (JIM!) called me to be the Weblo leader in our ward...done it several times (through the years)with my boys (WOLF, BEAR & WEBLOS...I'M TOO OLD FOR THIS!!!

    WHAT A CUTE CUB SCOUT JACK IS...
    WISH HE WAS IN OUR DEN :)

    ReplyDelete