Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Christmas at Disneyland

I have heard from many others that Christmas at Disneyland is a must do. Well, it's true. I loved it. From the lack of people, the beautiful decorations, the fun parade and the snow. It was all good. It was also the first family vacation we have taken all year with just my family and we have taken many vacations so that was a lot of fun.
Here are my favorites from the Happiest Place on Earth, in no particular order.
-Kate being tall enough to ride a lot more rides. We took her on Soaring over California and she asks "are we still at Disneyland?" I loved it.
-Jay finally being tall enough to go on Screaming and loving it. He wanted to go again and again. I think he rode the ride about six times. And was so disappointed on the last day because it was closed.
-Jack telling everyone "Happy Birthday" when he saw a button and then getting his own so he could have the attention.
-Ryan feeling sick after the Ariel ride. It might be one of the slowest rides yet it made him sick, in fact most of the rides made him sick.
-Jack and Jay wanting to go on the river rafting ride even though it was cold and they would get wet. They didn't care and went on the ride three or four times.
-Staying late with just Jack and getting to spend some one on one time with him.
-Leaving the park early so Jay could watch the Black Diamonds play their game. He kept insisting we leave to watch the game. I really think he wanted to be out of Disneyland before the fireworks started.
-Watching the parade. I staked out a spot early and Kate fell asleep so I made friends with the people around me and people watched. It was so relaxing and enjoyable.
-Running into my cousin Jimmy and the Severtson's. It's funny how you can be so far from home yet still see people you know.
-Getting to ride the Star Tours ride. I think that might be my favorite ride.
-Jay saying "this is the Christmas spirit."
Here are a few of my favorites I am sure I will remember more and add them later. It was a great trip and the last one for awhile. Ryan says at least five more years before we go back to Disneyland and when we do it will be at Christmas time.

My family below by the giant Christmas tree.
Jack and Kate in the teacups, Kate loves them and says they are her favorites.

Jack and me on the Tower of Terror.

Ryan, Kate and Jay on Ryan's favorite ride Monster's Inc. It used to be Jay's but Screaming took over.
The entire family on Space Mountain. Kate looks so little and said the ride when fast.
Jack and Jay on the River Rafting ride. They didn't seem to mind getting wet.
Me and Jay on Screaming, I love the look on Jay's face. He is having a ball.

2 comments:

  1. Monsters, Inc. really, Ryan? You are such a sissy. Sounds like a great trip. We're going with you in 5 years- remind me when it gets closer (like in 4 years from now)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Little jealous, Kyley put "tickets to Disney Land" on her Christmas list - maybe next year

    ReplyDelete