Saturday, December 31, 2011

15 Years Already

It has been 15 years since I said I do to my man for eternity and I would do it all over again. We celebrated our 15 year anniversary by hiking Camelback Mountain something neither of us had done even though we are Arizona Natives. It is a great hike but tough at the end. I was using my hands to climb up parts and going back down was steep but it is worth the view once you have made it to the top. After that we went to our hotel cleaned up, went to dinner and shopped. I will spare the other details but it was a great night without kids.
Here are 15 reasons I love my husband.
1. He honors his priesthood.
2. He loves to play with his children. Ryan will wrestle, play basketball, jump on the tramp, anything with Jack, Jay and Kate all the time.
3. He loves sports. He is so happy playing or watching any sport but especially football.
4. He is a very friendly man. He can talk to anyone.
5. He is comfortable anywhere. I am always amazed at how he can put his feet up and relax anywhere. He can also fall asleep anywhere too.
6. He pushes me to be a better person.
7. He has simple tastes. He is content to just be.
8. He loves Nike shoes and if he goes into a Nike store has a hard time leaving without buying something.
9. He is frugal and will take his time to find what he wants for the right price, unless it's Nike shoes.
10. He loves to shop. I know if he buys me something I will not have to return it. He has good taste.
11. He loves to run.
12. He has a lot of friends.
13. He is growing in his calling of second counselor and is learning so much from it. I love watching him conduct on Sundays.
14. He loves his family, his mom and dad, brothers and sisters, and even his in-laws.
15. He listens to me whine and lets me vent without judging me.
I love Ryan and I am so happy to have been married to him for 15 years now. I can't believe how fast time goes. I swear we were just newlyweds in PA trying to figure out how to be married. We still have some figuring out but it sure is fun to do.

2 comments:

  1. Happy late annivesary, Dyan! That is funny that you hiked Camelback Mtn on your 15-year anniversary too. We also did that in August when were staying at a hotel in Scottsdale for the weekend. Love it! Glad you guys had a nice anniversary.

    ReplyDelete