Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Birthday Arizona!!!

Today is Arizona's 100th Birthday. I have been reading the newspaper about why Arizona is so great. When I worked at the bank I remember so many people coming in from out of state wanting to move here. I was always asking them "why are you moving to Arizona?" I was born here and had never left so I never understood the pull to live here. Well, once I moved away I understood. A big part of the reason I live here is my family is all here is Arizona. I think I am one of the few people who has all of their family living in Arizona. For most of my life we were all within a half hour of each other. Now Mark and his family are in Snowflake and Karrie and her family are in Prescott Valley. So we are maybe 3 hours apart. Still very close. But Arizona is more than my family.
-I love our winters. I love going outside and feeling the warm sun on my face. I love that I can run outside in the middle of the day in February wearing a tank top. I can't do that in the summer but I can swim and go to the lake. I do not like snow and cold. I much prefer sun and heat.
-I love orange blossoms. It is almost that time of year when they will start to bloom and it is the best smell ever.
-I love that I can be roasting in the summer and drive two hours north and it will be 30 degrees cooler and beautiful.
-I love hiking. I love that I can go hiking year around. Even in the summer I am just getting up at 5am.
-I love the Grand Canyon. I love the beauty of it. I love that when I am there I know without a doubt that we have a Heavenly Father and he truly loves me.
- I love Lake Powell. I love being in the water and enjoying time with friends and family.
-I love swimming. I love the water and the sun.
-I love the smell of the desert after the rain. It is cleanest smell and I really love when we get rain in the desert because we need it so bad.
-I love that if I wanted to I could be in the snow in about three hours time. I can play and sled then head home where it is nice and warm and I never have to shovel the snow.
-I love that Arizona has so much to offer. I have asked Ryan if we can make Spring Break let's see something in Arizona vacation time. I want my children to see Arizona and love it.
-I love Mexican Food. When I lived in PA there was no good Mexican restaurants and I couldn't wait to come and visit to get my fix. I have my favorite meals at my favorite restaurants. Matta's, Rosa's, Serrano's, Tia Rosa's, and Gecko Grill (that is no longer opened).
-I love that I am a native and that my parents are natives and that their parents are natives and that my children are natives. Arizona is in my blood.
I do truly love where I live. Sure I do complain in the summer when the average temperature in August is 92 degrees and it is just hot. But I wouldn't want to live anywhere else.
Happy 100th Birthday Arizona!!!!

3 comments:

  1. Can I copy that post onto my blog? It's perfect. Happy Birthday AZ.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was just thinking "nothing" is happening then bam read your blog and there it is AZ 100th and I hardly batted an eye. Thx for the reminder, I love AZ toom=, and HP to Kate wow your baby is 4.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved everything you put in this post! I love living here too!

    ReplyDelete