Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Beach Camping in Carlsbad

I was a little leery of beach camping but it turned out to be a blast. My sister Julie's family was there as well as my cousin Kelli's family. My kids were entertained the entire time and so was I. We had the best weather for three glorious days then we packed up and headed back to Mesa where we were not hit by 100 degree weather. I really think I like going to Cali in the fall. It might just become a tradition.

One day Ryan borrowed Jim's, who is just met, surf board and took the kids surfing on it. Jack was able to get up and so was Jay but I don't have a picture of Jay. They all loved it and I love that my husband is willing to stay out in the water and teach the kids to surf. 
 Here's Kate trying to boogie board. I still get a kick out of the fact that she wants to be a surfer when she grows up but refuses to go in the water. The water is cold but once you got in it was nice.
 Jay after he had just got a wave all the way in. It was so fun to watch the kids boogie board. They got pretty good at it and would ride the waves into the shore.
Here is a collage of the rest of the pictures. My kids had so much fun and loved hanging out with their cousins. I loved how Taylor and Kyley would take Kate and play and I never had to worry about anyone. We had a great time and can't wait to go back. We love Cali and might even beach camp again.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment