Saturday, March 22, 2014

Full Marathon

I did it. I completed my full marathon, 26.2 long miles in 4:57:21. It was so dang hard but when I was done I had such a great feeling of accomplishment. The training was so hard. Ryan was great and got up with me one morning at 3am to run 20 miles. It was right before Valentine's Day and he didn't need to get me anything else. Just the fact that he woke up that early to run with me was enough of a Valentine's present. Because according to him I needed to get in a 20 miler. I'm so glad we did that. It was nice to know I could go at least 20 miles and then after that it's only 6.2 more to go.
The weekend forecast called for an hundred percent chance of rain. After praying for rain all winter, since we hadn't gotten any since December, I had mixed feelings about the rain. I knew I couldn't ask to stop the rain we needed it so badly but I really didn't want to run in the rain. After all my conflicting feelings I finally prayed to bring on the rain but stop the wind that was blowing so hard. The rain held off until about 10 minutes before the gun went off, but really rain in the desert is so wonderful, it instantly makes everything clean and fresh and smells so good. It only rained on us for about 10 minutes and then the hard pounding, pouring rain came around 1pm. When the marathon was over. So really I couldn't complain about a little rain. Plus because of the rain there was cloud cover. I really think the Lord heard my prayers about rain and cloud cover. The running conditions were the best.
I was so overwhelmed when I crossed the finish line. I did something so hard and was able to do it. I am amazed at what my body can do. I am so grateful for my health. I hope I am always healthy but if something happens it's nice to know that I can accomplish hard things and overcome what comes my way. I am truly blessed to have been able to run this marathon. Will I do another one? Probably not, but the fact that I did one is an accomplishment in itself.
 
Willie, Me and Matt at the start of the marathon. I asked a random person to take this picture and then text it to me. I'm glad I did and it was fun to see to have them at the finish line cheering me on. 


This is the crew I saw at about mile 17. The entire race I had such great support and before the race I had so many people texting me and wishing me luck. I felt so loved and know that I am blessed to have such an amazing family and so many good friends. 

Ryan met up with me around mile 19 and was such a great help. I know I would have finished the race but it sure was nice to have someone helping me out and running with me. 
The finish line. I got a little teary eyed when I crossed. It was such an overwhelming feeling of wow I did this that all the emotions came full force. 

The biggest grin ever. I was so happy to be done running and so happy that I was able to run a marathon. 





 

No comments:

Post a Comment