Thursday, April 3, 2014

Spring Break


Spring Break was great this year. We didn't have anything planned but it turned out to be a good week. It started on Wednesday because for some reason Mesa Public Schools gets our early on Wednesday and then the kids go back to school on Thursday and Friday. It makes no sense but it is what it is. So I subbed that Wednesday at Discovery Club Preschool and there was a reptile guy so I took my kids to see a giant python and lizards and snakes. Jay thought it was so cool. Jack did too but Jay was thrilled with all of the reptiles. Now my boys are wanting a snake and I keep saying no way José.


On Saturday we took a hike with the Bartletts and I saw my first ever Gila Monster in the wild. I was ecstatic to say the least. I have always wanted to see one and finally I did. I enjoy hiking with my kids and hope that they always want to be outside and active.

Monday, Julie came into town, all the way from Queen Creek, and we hiked the wind caves. The boys became ninjas and had such a blast hiking with each other. We saw the fountain in Fountain Hills go off and since it was St. Patrick's day it was green. It was so nice to go Kate's pace and I really enjoyed hanging with my dad, Matt and Julie and of course Ty, Wyatt and my kids.

On Wednesday Ryan took the boys skiing. He said the snow was really slushy but the weather was warm so the boys had fun. We need to take them more often and get two consecutive days in. I think the boys would like this and get better.


Since Ryan was with the boys I took Kate to get her ears pierced. She has been asking to do this but we never had the time. Well we had the time so we did. Kate did great. She was able to have both ears pierced at the same time and only flinched a little bit saying "ouch" and wanting to cry but didn't. I can't believe how fast she is growing up. 
We also spent some time at the park since the weather is so nice. Kate finally got the monkey bars down and was able to make it all the way across without help and without dropping.
 
The week ended with the boys doing a football camp at ASU and Ryan and Kate getting to watch practice. They loved seeing Rathen practice and being on the field.

 
We had a great spring break and I'm glad we were able to stay home and enjoy the beautiful weather. I love this time of year in Mesa.
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment