Saturday, September 18, 2010

Going cruising

I am leaving my family behind for one week. A bunch of friends and I are going on a four night five day cruise. I have mixed emotions. On the one hand I can't wait and on the other hand I know I will miss Ryan and the little ones.
But it is needed. It is needed because my kids need to ask their dad to open the piece of candy he just handed to them instead of walking across the room to have me do it. It is needed because my kids need to have their dad tie their shoes and make them do their homework. It is needed so I can go to the bathroom without "MOM" being yelled ten times. It is needed so I can appreciate all that I have and what a great man I am married to.
Jay has promised to save all of his squeezes he gives me everyday and give them all to me when I get back. Ryan and Jack seem to think that the house will fall apart without me and that I am the one who makes sure everything runs smoothly. Kate had no idea that I am going but hopefully will be happy to see me when I get back.
I know my family will be taken care of. I don't doubt Ryan's abilities at all. They will have fun and maybe they will not go to bed every night at eight but they will be smiling when I see them on Friday.

I can't wait!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment