Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Christmas

For Christmas break I had two goals. One, to see "Tangled" and two to see "Harry Potter." Since I accomplished these two goals on Monday and Tuesday I was then able to do other things. Like take care of sick children. On Thursday before school got out Kate was up all night throwing up. I then prayed that my other kids would be healthy from 2-5 on the 18th for Jack's baptism. They were and I thought we had beaten the bug and that only Kate had gotten it. But no such luck. On Monday, Jack woke up with a fever, but not enough to keep us from doing stuff. He would just get tired and want to rest but the Motrin did its job and kept him pretty happy. He never threw up and was good to go on Tuesday. But on Tuesday the bug had moved on to Jay. He too was running a fever and just getting tired after every little thing. Again though not too bad so we were able to do most things. He would have been better off if he would take medicine but he wouldn't. So I thought by Wednesday, Kate would have the bug and we would all be better by Christmas Eve. No such luck, Jay got worse and ended up throwing up on Wednesday, so I introduced him to his best friend, the silver bowl, and told him where you go this goes too. I guess he got tired of taking the bowl with him where ever he went because he went into the bathroom, laid down on the floor, and fell asleep. Before he fell asleep he asked me for a blanket and I told him he could go lay in his bed but he didn't want to. He just laid down and fell asleep. I felt so sorry for him. But after sleeping all day Wednesday by Thursday he was better and Kate had not gotten the bug. I thought we were good. But alas on Christmas morning we woke up and Kate was warm. Thankfully she never threw up and again only wanted to rest and be held. Kate would take her medicine and would get up to play and then the medicine would wear off and she would sleep.
Besides all of the sickness Christmas was great. The kids got suitcases from Santa in preparation of the trip to Disneyland that we are going to in January. They each got a gift card to Disney to be used on our trip. It was fun to watch Jack and Jay look at the gift cards and figure out where they can be used. We had to ask them "where does Mickey Mouse, Woody, and Buzz live"? There response was "Hollywood". Eventually they figured out Disneyland and then figured out we are going. They are so excited and we are even thinking of making a chain to count down.
Christmas Eve was great. We went to the Ricedorffs to BBQ hamburgers. I swear my father in law makes the best hamburgers. Then we went to the temple to listen to Jordon Blueth. Two days in a row for me because we went on the Thursday before to listen to the Duttons. Both performers were so good and totally put me in the Christmas spirit.
Christmas morning we opened up presents at my house then went to the Ricedorffs for breakfast and the gift exchange. Then home to rest then to my grandparents then on to my parents, for the white elephant gift exchange. It is always so much fun to do and see what people come up with. I ended up with a razor scooter. Overall it was a great Christmas and I love this time of year with all the laughter and giving.





Me with my Grandpa and Grandma Goodman. Grandpa is 95 and Grandma is 93. Look at Kate's poor sick eyes.





3 comments:

  1. I hate it when kids get sick on break - great pic of you and the grandparents

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad to hear you had such a good Christmas (minus the sick kids)! We would love to get together! Maybe after your trip to Disneyland. When do you go?

    ReplyDelete
  3. sounds like a good time... besides everyone getting sick. Disney land is gonna be awesome with your kids at such fun ages. Well can't wait to see you tonight.

    ReplyDelete