Friday, December 10, 2010

Jack is 8

I swear it seems like yesterday that my oldest boy was being born. I was all stressed out about finals at ASU and my doctor was all concerned about the size of my baby. So, I conceded in having Jack early and took two incompletes. Jack was born healthy and not huge but not small just a perfect six pounds 10 ounces. I remember being at the hospital and Ryan's brother Randy always being there. It wasn't until later that I realized that Jack was his first nephew and he was just a proud uncle. Randy came every day twice a day. Once he even came without Rebecca and she was not happy about it. But I love that Jack was and is so loved and he is also so loving.
Jack has been counting down to his birthday since after Thanksgiving. He is just so excited for it. He gets to go to the Suns game tonight with the scouts and a few friends and bring donuts to his school class. He got a new bike and scriptures.
Jack gets baptized next week on December 18th. I can't believe he is old enough to get baptized. I am proud of the decisions he makes and I love my little eight year old. Who is not so little and is growing way too fast.

2 comments:

  1. Happy birthday Jack. It does seem like just yesterday you were in the hospital with a new baby with all kinds of black hair - we were all wondering whose he was - haha, he is sooo you and Ryan.

    ReplyDelete