Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Jack's baptism

The day came that my oldest turned eight and got baptized. I keep telling my children that they are not allowed to grow but they never listened. The baptism was nice. There was one other girl who got baptized on the same day, December 18, 2010, so we reserved the chapel and good thing because it was packed. Between the Andersons and the Ricedorffs there was a lot of support for these two young people making such an important choice. Jack got to have Grandpa Ricedorff give the talk on the Holy Ghost and Grandpa Goodman got to give the closing prayer. He chose "When I am Baptized" as the opening song and the entire program was perfect. I was a little stressed because my calling is baptism coordinator and it was my first baptism with more than one child getting baptized. But thankfully the Andersons are flexible and it all worked out great. The only "bad" thing to happen was Ryan said the prayer wrong so Jack had to be dunked twice. I laughed because Jack kept saying how nervous he was that his toe would stick out and then he would have to be dunked twice. Well his toe didn't stick out but he still had to be dunked twice.
I am so proud of Jack and his decision he made to be baptized. I hope and pray that Ryan and I teach him correct principles and that he continues to make good choices. I love my little Jack and I know he will continue to grow even when I tell him not to.


My family, Ryan, Kate, Dyan, Jay and Jack


Kamryn Anderson and Jack

Jack with his dad already to be baptized.

2 comments:

  1. I tell our kids the same thing all the time. Their reply is that they have to, but they will always be my babies. So glad we could be there. It turned out perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tell Jack congrats! I too can't believe he's 8 and Kinley will be right there with him in a few short months. It sounded like a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete