Thursday, June 28, 2012

Kindle Fire

I have always loved to read but I don't really like going to the library nor do I have much time to find books that are good. Well that has changed since I got my Kindle Fire. I made it very clear that for my birthday I wanted a Kindle Fire. I would send Ryan texts with my birthday list and Kindle Fire was always on the list in first place. If I didn't get one for my birthday I would have just bought one for myself. It's a great device especially since I figured out how to check books out from the library. I can read more often and I never have to go to the library or better yet remember to return the books.
Here are some of the books I have read since April
*"The Affair" by Lee Child. I like his books because it's the same character, Jack Reacher, and I am getting to know Jack.
*A new author David Baldacci. I only read his Max and Michelle books. Murder mysteries that kind of scared me, especially the second book, but I had to finish reading since I had to know who done it.
*"Angel's Rest", by Charles Davis. It's great because the library has library favorites and I found this one. I really enjoyed the book.
*"The Baker's Daughter", by Sarah McCoy. A recommendation from a friend and a great read. I am currently reading another book by this author, "The Time it Snowed in Puerto Rico" and really enjoying it too.
*"Give Me Tomorrow", by Patrick O'Donnell. This is the story of George Company in the Korean War. It was very interesting and I am glad I know a little bit more about the Korean War.
*The Lucky One", by Nicholas Sparks. I enjoyed the book more than the movie.
Well here is my list, maybe it can help with some summer reading. I know I am checking out more books and the summer goes along and can't wait to continue to read.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the list, I'll have to check them out :) Is the Jack Reacher a new one??

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved Zac Efron in the Lucky One movie! A visual treat :-)!

    ReplyDelete