Sunday, July 8, 2012

4th of July

I know I have said this in the past but the 4th of July is my favorite holiday. I love watching fireworks and hanging out with my family. This year we went up to Show Low to enjoy come cooler weather and missed the only day of the summer that the high was only 90 degrees. The high won't be that low now until September. It was a fluke that it even happened on July 4th and we missed it.  Anyway back to the holiday. We drove up to Show Low on Tuesday and it was cloudy and beautiful. We got rained on on the drive and I was so happy to see rain in the mountains. On the 4th we woke up to rain and it rained off and on the entire day. At first I was a little bummed but it turned out to be a beautiful day and even the fireworks shined a little more with some rain. I know the people up in Show Low have been praying for rain and they got it. It was a nice slow drizzle that lasted all day and even a little bit on Thursday. It's just what that area needed. On the morning of the 4th we got up to go to the parade and Jack and Jay ended up being in the parade. They rode the whole time in the kayaks and threw out candy. It was weird to only have Kate at the parade and I missed out on a lot of Tootsie rolls. It was still great and I love watching the people who are so proud of our great country.
After the parade we went back to Randy's and BBQ'ed It was again so nice to be outside and watching the kids all run around and play. They rode quads, shot BB guns, and played games. It was great.
Later that day we headed to the football field to watch fireworks. It was raining to we hung out in the field house and played whiffle ball in the gym. It stopped raining for a little bit so we set up our blankets and laid down to watch the fireworks. It did start to rain but like I said it only made the fireworks sparkle a little bit more.
It was a great 4th of July and I know I am blessed to live in this great country and I have grateful for all the people who have defended our freedoms.



2 comments:

  1. I could go for a root beer float right about now. I love Kate's dress. I wish I could wear something like that and pull it off. Oh, and the picture from the back of Kate and Ryan, is that you showing that the shade of green in her hair isn't that intense anymore?

    ReplyDelete
  2. WE WERE THERE IN THE MOUNTAINS TOO...Jim and I went up to the cabin on Tues., went over to watch the parade on the 4th and were glad for the cloud cover...I KNEW I SAW YOUR BOYS THROWING CANDY, I waved and cheered for them and they just looked at me like, "who is that old lady that knows our names"...0ur kids started meandering in on Fri. so IT WAS A GOOD TIME...Rita and Sumo's group stayed for the fireworks in Heber...kind of their tradition...hope to be in SnowFlake on the 24th...I LOVE SMALL TOWN CELEBRATIONS!!!!

    ReplyDelete