Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Goodman Reunion

Growing up I had a truly unique life. I have always lived next door to my cousins. My Uncle Steve's house, then Uncle Jim's, then mine, around the corner was Grandpa and Grandma Goodman and around the corner from them was Aunt Katrina. I always thought this was the norm until I met other people who didn't know who their cousins were or only saw them at holidays. As we have all gotten older I don't see them everyday like I did growing up. Now it really is on the holidays and at the Harry and Rita Goodman Reunion. It is so much fun to get together and laugh about old times. I have a lot of fun memories of my cousins and it's fun to watch the second cousins all play and get to know each other. This year we were without both Grandpa and Grandma Goodman. It's hard to believe sometimes that they have passed on but I know they were up in heaven and enjoying the get together from there. I am sure that they could see their posterity and it made them smile. I am grateful to my grandparents and my parents who taught me to love my family. I know I have been blessed by being born a Goodman.
 
Uncle Steve, Uncle Jim, Aunt Katrina and my dad, Dale. I love that they still want to hang out and see each other. My dad goes on walks with my Uncle Steve and my Uncle Jim stayed with my dad at the Grand Canyon. They love each other and it shows.

 Most of the grand kids with their spouses and a few of the great grand kids. My Grandparents had 21 grand kids and a whole lot of Greats.
The great grandsons. I love that they are all getting to know each other and have so much fun together. They played football all afternoon.
 The great granddaughters. What a posterity.
 The granddaughters. We were missing Rita who just had a baby. It's funny to me because growing up so many of my cousins seemed so much older than me. Now I realize we are all the same age and have so much in common.

No comments:

Post a Comment