Saturday, November 24, 2012

Thanksgiving

I love Thanksgiving. I know I say this every year but it really is my favorite holiday. I love being with my family and I need to be reminded more often of what I have to be grateful for. I know I have a lot to be thankful for. This year for family home evening we went around and said what we were thankful for. We told the kids they couldn't do the usual, family, friends, and such. It was fun listening to them come up with something different and then explain why they were grateful for it.
Jack said he was grateful for football because it entertains him.
Jay was grateful for his freedom, so we don't have to be slaves.
Kate was thankful for the sun, because when she is cold she can go in the sun and be warm.
Ryan was thankful for the gospel.
I was grateful for my health and for the fact that I don't have to work outside the home.
We had a great time coming up with "original" things to be grateful for and I hope my kids maybe appreciate things more?
 
This year like all other years we started at my parents. My parents have 26 grandchildren and all but one, Ryan, is pictured here. It is not easy getting 27 people and a dog to look good in a picture but it was fun trying. I love that my kids have all these cousins to play with.
 No trip to my parents is complete without a Popsicle no matter how much food or dessert you have just eaten. Jack reminds me so much of Ryan sometimes. I hope he grows up to be just like him because then I know he will be a good man.
 Jay with Wyatt and Abby. Abby and Wyatt are only two months apart and Jay is over a year younger but they get along great and have so much fun together.
 After hanging out at my parents and winning the name game again. We headed to the Ricedorffs. We are full once we get there but we still manage to eat some pie and pick at the food that is left over. Jay, Kate, Kaden and Tessa were having so much fun stuffing pillows in their shirts and being sumo wrestlers. They are too cute.
 Jack keeps asking for a little brother and I keep telling him he has one, Jay. But he wants someone younger. Good thing we have Duke. Jack was in charge of Duke while we played Rook. He did such a good job and I think he had more fun than Duke. Both Jack and Duke were cracking up and having so much fun playing ball.
Well here is our Thanksgiving in a nut shell. I am grateful for these memories and for my wonderful family. I am truly blessed.

1 comment:

  1. I am thankful for you because who else would I have to vent to and kick all my ideas around to. You are a great sis

    ReplyDelete