Friday, November 29, 2013

Veteran's Day

 This year for Veteran's Day my Webelos scouts were asked to lead the flag ceremony at Hermosa Vista Elementary. Every year Hermosa Vista Elementary does a Veteran's Day assembly and I have never been. I am now sad that I never went. It was great. My scouts did a great job leading the flag ceremony I was so impressed with them. A sixth grader sang the National Anthem and then some of the students introduced the Veterans that they knew. A couple of dads and grandpas talked about being in the service and I am so grateful for those that are willing to serve my country. I really enjoy Veteran's Day and I hope I can teach my kids the importance of honoring the Veterans.
Jack leading the flag ceremony


My scouts around the flag. They did a great job.

No comments:

Post a Comment