Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Race Day

I have started this post a few times. I am not a good writer and I want to say how I feel the right way. So here it goes. I loved the race. I know it sounds crazy that I loved running 13.1 miles. But it is more than that. It is the fact that I have my health and that my body can do it. I really didn't realize what I had done until church on Sunday. In primary we sang the song
"My Heavenly Father Loves Me."
Whenever I hear the song of a bird Or look at the blue, blue sky, Whenever I feel the rain on my face Or the wind as it rushes by, Whenever I touch a velvet rose Or walk by our lilac tree, I’m glad that I live in this beautiful world Heavnly Father created for me.
The phrase in blue especially hit me because it was raining and a little windy. But it was so beautiful and amazing. We truly live in a beautiful world and I am so grateful I can take advantage of it.
For those of you that have to know I finished the race in 2:14.44. About 10.22 minute miles. I wanted to be done in 2:20 so I am happy with the time. Thank you to Jana who trained with me and ran the race with me. It was great having someone to talk to even though at the end we put our Ipods in and just ran. I could not have done this without her. Thank you to Ryan who was there with the kids cheering me on and giving me some mornings to run. I loved seeing them at the end. Thank you to my parents who waited on Stapley after getting donuts to cheer me on. Although I think it is cruel that my dad was eating a donut while I was running, I am glad they were there.
It was great....now on to the Turkey Trot.
pictures will come later because as you all know I only upload picture once a month and that is at the end of the month.

2 comments:

  1. good job Dyan....we'll be seeing you at 'the trot'... we won't be eating donuts but we will be cheering you on!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. good job, i am proud of you for doing it. Running is awesome, i am glad you are into it... you and Ryan sure are the power couple...in more ways then one. Love you lots.

    ReplyDelete