Monday, November 30, 2009

Thanksgiving

I love Thanksgiving. It is my favorite holiday, or maybe it is tied with the 4th of July. It's a toss up.

Thanksgiving started with a fun 10k run. The Turkey Trot. It is fun because you see tons of people from Mesa and you have exercised for the day. I did not beat the turkey since my time was only 10 seconds faster than last year, but still under an hour. Ryan of course did beat the turkey. He ran it in 42:24. Thanks Rachelle for watching the kids while we ran.

Next it was a mad dash home to get ready and make the veggies for dinner at 12:30. I love going to my sister Julie's house. It is fun to get all of the family together, although we did miss Laura, John, Ryan, Mark, Kristin, Kimball, Ella, and Johnny. It is fun to see the cousins play and for the adults to hang out and talk.
Then it was on to the Ricedorffs. It is always a good way to end the day. Uncle Don and family were down from Colorado and it is always good to see them. We are trying to plan a time to go and see them. Someday it will happen.
Overall it was a great Thanksgiving. I have so much to be thankful for. I am truly blessed. Thank you to all of you for making my life great.


Taylor, Abby, Durham, Jack, Jake, Raulin
Kate and Keelie




No comments:

Post a Comment