Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Spring Break Recap

Spring Break Recap
Apparently Julie has had some time off and I am not updating my blog enough cause she now has time to read it. So here it is.
Spring Break was great. I love that there is no schedule and that we can do what we want.
Monday:We had breakfast bright and early out at Usery Pass. It is now a tradition because it is two years in a row. I love being outside, the greasy food, watching the kids all play, and hanging with my family. My brothers and sisters are great. We chat and laugh and tell a lot of stories. It is a shame that we are all so busy. I could hang out with them everyday.
Picture below: Jack, Kyley, Abby, Hannah, Taylor, Wyatt, Jay, Dad (Dale), Raulin, Jacob, Durham, Ty, and MacGregor

Tuesday: We didn't have anything planned so I took the boys to deposit their money into their savings account. I think both boys have more money than me in savings. I am proud of how hard they work to save. We are trying to have them save $5.00 a month for their missions. No where near the $400.00 they need to serve but it is a start. After the bank we went to the temple. I was needing something for the kids to do and it is cheap. I was thinking we would have a nice walk around the temple maybe even watch a movie. No, they just want to push the buttons on the little computer things and see all of the Books of Mormon. But it is a start and maybe I can make a habit of taking them monthly.
Wednesday: We made the trek south to visit the Chesley's. My kids love it out there. Kate gets spoiled by Kyley and Jack and Jay just play with their cousins. So I get to hang out and talk with my sisters, Karrie made the trip too. I love being at Julie's house. I think that all backyards should be an acre and that kids should be outside as much as possible. When my kids are dirty then I know they had a good day. Wednesday was a good day because they were nice and dirty. That evening Jack went with Jacob to the movies and Ryan took Kate and Jay so I went and got a pedicure. I love spoiling myself.
Pictures below: Kyley and Kate, Jay getting followed by the dogs because he had pizza. It was great everywhere Jay went the dogs followed.


Thursday: We headed up north to Show Low for Randy's 40th surprise birthday party. We got into town right at seven. Then Rebecca took off to pick him up. I think he was totally surprised. It was fun to be up in Show Low again. It had been a while since we had been. The NCAA basketball games also started today.
Friday: We went to see Mark and Kristin's new house in Snowflake. I love it. With a little (a lot) of redecorating it can be a house that they can stay in forever. Right now it is totally livable it just needs some updates, like new carpet, paint, and such. But it sits on an acre so my kids were outside the entire time. After Mark's we went to watch Rathen play baseball. I love baseball. I love being outside and eating seeds. Show Low beat Round Valley 11-1. Gotta love a run rule. That night we met Mark and Kristin for dinner. It was great to see Mark and have him tell me about the super moon. I didn't notice a difference in the moon but I guess it's true we were closer to the moon.
Picture below: the only picture I took of our Show Low trip. It is Flat Stanley on the quad cause that is what we do in Show Low.

Saturday: we headed home and and watched basketball all day. My bracket is totally messed up since I had Notre Dame winning it all and they lost. But it is still fun to watch.
Well here is my spring break in a nutshell. Now it is back to school and back to a schedule.

2 comments:

  1. awesome recap can you keep it up for a week, then I will be back to work:) Thanks for lunch this was two weeks in a row we got to sit and visit and we still had stuff to talk about.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a fun break, Dyan! I still need to figure out where Easton's Flat Stanley is going. Probably to Utah...

    ReplyDelete