Wednesday, March 30, 2011

California wedding

Ryan's cousin Kelly Ricedorff got married in California on March 26, 2011. Any excuse to get me to California and I take it. We had such a great time. I left on Thursday with Jackie and Rachelle and Ryan drove up Friday with Jack, Rolana, Randy, and Rebecca, notice there are no kid names in this sentence. It was an adult only trip and well worth it. Thanks to Alexis and her willingness to babysit also thanks to Karrie, Kelli and Matt for helping out. I didn't worry about my children all weekend I knew they were okay. Thursday we drove straight to TK Burger and got a yummy hamburger and onion rings then walked around the shops at Huntington then on to the Hyatt Regency (gotta love priceline). Jackie, Rachelle and I just hung out by the pool, shopped and ate. It was nice. Friday we woke up to room service then onto the jacuzzi. Once we had to check out of the hotel we headed to Huntington Beach. Yes, it was freezing but the sun was out and we had to sit on the beach. I love watching the waves, reading a magazine and just relaxing all easy things to do on the beach. That night we met up with Ryan and the rest of the crew. Uncle Don had a nice get together for all of the out of town guests at the hotel so we met new people and caught up with old friends.

Saturday was the wedding day so we didn't do much just hung around the jacuzzi. We were wanting to visit the beach but there was no time and it was very cold and overcast. The wedding was incredibly beautiful. It was in Corona, CA at a place called Star Ranch. The location was in the hills and we were told on a clear day you could see the mountain peaks with snow. Unfortunately it was cloudy but it was still beautiful. The reception was so fun. We all ate and danced and just had an all around great time. Congratulations to Kelly and Joseph I know their life together will be wonderful.

2 comments:

  1. Lucky ducky - I want another vacation I need more than one a year :) The pictures are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dy, you're beautiful. I'm glad you guys had fun. I love kidless getaways.

    ReplyDelete