Sunday, August 5, 2012

California

I love California. It's one of my favorite vacations. We went this year for an entire week and pretty much just hung out on the beach. We had a big group with us, Randy and his family, Karrie's family, Joe's family, and Cassie's sister Brittney and her family.  We stayed in the dorms at Concordia University in Irvine and had a great time. Here are some pictures in no particular order.
 Abby and Jay, I love that they hang out and get along so well.
 My family in front of the Newport Beach Temple. I wanted to do a session but it took away from my beach time so it never happened.
 Lexi, Kate and Hannah. I loved that Lexi is so willing to play with the girls. This trip was so nice because my kids could pretty much take care of themselves, especially if Lexi was there to play.
 Kate getting ready to boogie board. She says she wants to be a surfer when she grows up.
 Kate riding the wave in on Ryan's back. She did not like boogie boarding and refused to go in the water the rest of the trip. I guess being a surfer is no longer an option for when she grows up.
 Jack and Jake laying down trying to stop the waves. I was laughing so hard because they were trying to build a sand castle and the waves kept taking it out so they tried to build walls around the castle and then even resorted to laying down in front of the waves. It didn't work and a wave eventually got the castle.
 Dyan, Jay, Ryan, Lexi, Rebecca, Kate, Jack and Rhett at Knotts Berry Farm. We had a great time. We all totally split up. Jack went with Rhett, Lexi, and Rebecca to ride some rides, I had Jay and Ryan went with Kate to Snoopy Land. We all had a great time and I am amazed at how much my kids love roller coasters.
 My family at our new favorite beach, Corona del Mar. We have always been Huntington Beach fans and still like it but this time it was so crowded and had a lot of swearing and drinking there so someone told us about Corona del Mar and we checked it out. I loved it and we will be going to that beach often.
 The little mermaids. It's so nice for Kate because she has all these cousins about her age. Keelie, Kate, Hadlie, Hannah, and Annie. I even got Jay in the background smiling.
Ryan relaxing. He was asleep but the boys started burying him in the sand so he woke up. If you look close he has boobs. 

2 comments:

  1. HaHa, I just did almost the same identical post. Great time. Thanks for inviting us.

    ReplyDelete