Monday, June 17, 2013

Havasupai

Havasupai was incredible. I can't believe it has taken me 38 years to go. I have lived in AZ my entire life and I finally made it down to Havasupai and now I want to go back every year. We had a great time and the company was the best. All the stories Joe told of the Hulapai wolf man (holding Hannah's hand while hiking so the Hulapai wolf man wouldn't get us blond hair, blue eyed people), calling the falls by one, two or three (I want to go to number 1 or number 2 and jump), Jack crashing out at 6pm on Friday night (and then waking up at 2:30am afraid of the dark), the people next to us giving us their food which was really nice but they really didn't want to carry out all the extras, Joe distracting Jack on the way out by talking about the top 5 girls he liked in 5th grade and remembering their names, In n Out Burger on the way home (the best meal ever). We had so much fun and created many memories.
Here are a bunch of pictures in no particular order.
Me, Jack, Ty, Abby, Hannah and Jake starting our hike. It was about 5am and we were anxious to get started before it got too hot.

 Ty, Jake, Jeremy, Jack and Matt at Havasu falls. I couldn't believe the color of the water. It was so blue and incredible.
 Yes, I got in the water. Me, Karrie and Matt. The water was cold but so refreshing since it was so hot.
 Me jumping off the waterfall at Navajo Falls. I couldn't be out done by my 10 year old.
 Me and Jack at Navajo Falls.
 Jack jumping at Havasu Falls. It wasn't really high but it was fun to jump.
 Jack jumping at Navajo Falls. He jumped off nine or ten times. He had no fear.
 Jack and I at Mooney Falls. I love the green on the red walls.
 The trail down to Mooney Falls. Not very safe and a little bit okay a lot scary.
 Jack and I at Havasu Falls. Again the water. Holy cow. So pretty.
 Jake, Ty and Jack at Havasu Falls. The boys were so much fun and kept each other entertained.
 The trail thru the canyon on the way to the village. When I see this I know that Heavenly Father loves me and created this incredible world. It is so pretty.
 Ty, Jake, Jack, Hannah and Abby at Mooney Falls.
 Matt, Jake, Ty and Jack at Mooney Falls. The water was so powerful.
 Jack and I at Mooney. I can't believe how powerful the water was.

No comments:

Post a Comment