Friday, January 15, 2010

Favorites

Here are some favorite things in no particular order.
Sunshine: Everyday Jay and I go outside while Kate is sleeping and lay on a blanket. I usually read a book or nap a little and Jay plays his Nintendo DS. Sometimes I try to be a good mom and I will read to Jay or play a game with him. It is so wonderful to feel the sun on my face and I love to just lay there and soak it up. I call it my vitamin D fix. I need it.
Watching my kids sleep: There is something about knowing that my kids are okay and safe that just makes me smile. I love seeing how they have moved in their beds, listening to them snore and watching them breath. I am blessed to have such great kids and I really love them at night when they are sound asleep. :)
Great neighbors: I have one neighbor who took Jack home a few times when the car pool was messed up. She just saw him walking home from school and took him home. I have another neighbor who has Jay come and play at her house because she knows Jack has been sick and we have been stuck at home. So to give me and Jay a break she has him come to her house to play. Another neighbor gave us a fake Christmas tree because he wasn't using it anymore. There are too many other things to list. I love where I live.
Being able to substitute teach: I love that I get a call to go and teach and that I am able to do it. I love that Karrie and I have worked out babysitting. I love getting out of my house a few times because it reminds me how lucky I am to be able to stay at home. I am glad I can stay home with my kids.
I am truly blessed and grateful for all that I have.

3 comments:

  1. good neighbors have always been one of my favorite things too...we were so lucky in this and still are!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Polyanna attitude is infectious. I'm sitting here thinking of all I am grateful for too. Great post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Dy, I am now following your blog and excited for new posts! I hope this doesn't take energy away from your magnificent scrapbooking!

    ReplyDelete