Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Kids, Where do they come from?

Ok, I know where kids come from but I often wonder where do they get the things they say and do.
Examples
Jack: He was saying the blessing on the food and in his prayer he said,"please bless the people who were hurt by the flood", and then the next sentence he says," and thank you for the rain can we have more." I guess they listen to you more than I realized. Although we hadn't prayed for the people affected by all the flooding here in Arizona before, we do now. He is such a sweet boy and has such a sweet heart.
Later that week we were at a church meeting and ASU was playing U of A. We will not say who won. Anyway I get a message from Jack in his cute little voice saying, "Mom, ASU is up 20 to 10." I had told him to text me the score. Of course he doesn't have a cell phone so he did the next best thing and left me a voice mail. Love it.
Jay: Jay was not making very good choices one day. He was being more ornery than usual. So I asked him, "Jay, why are you making bad choices?" His reply was priceless " Because my head is not screwed on straight." We now have to make sure his head is on straight at the beginning of each day so he will make good choices.
I love listening to my kids and watching them learn and grow.

1 comment:

  1. The Jay one is my fav. Submit that one to Reader's Digest.

    ReplyDelete