Friday, January 8, 2010

A good book



The Shack
My SIL Rachelle suggested this book and I am glad I read it. I love to read but it is hard for me because if I get a good book I ignore my family until it is done. I tried not to do that this time and I was still able to get the book done.
If you can get past the first few chapters when the daughter gets kidnapped and killed then the rest of the book is great. The premise is a man is angry with God for what happened to his daughter so God sends him a note to meet him at the shack to talk. There are some really good points made in the book, but some things I don't totally agree on. So if you are looking for a good read I would suggest this book.

4 comments:

  1. I read this a few months back and had mixed feelings. Some parts I loved, and some parts of the god head bothered me a little. Overall it was enjoyable.

    BTW, great work on your 3 month supply! I'm impressed. The things that have helped me organize the most are the "first in, first out" can organization systems. I think "Shelf Reliance" sells them and others as well. They have saved me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dyan! I just got called Dyan the other day and of course, it made me think of you! Great job with all the running p you're an inspiration. And your kids are all adorable!! I have to say - I couldn't even make it through The Shack. I read a ton lately, but it was too off the wall for me. Hope you are doing well. Take Care!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i am gonna read it. Not this day, this week or this month but soon. Keep posting good reads.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really liked it too but the no gender thing was bothersome!

    ReplyDelete