Saturday, January 30, 2010

Another 1/2 marathon

I did it. I don't know why but I ran another 1/2 marathon. This will be my last for awhile. I wanted to die out there on the course. I cramped up and wanted to call it quits. The problem with that is that there is only one way to call it quits and that is to finish. So after walking a little bit I decided to start running so I could get done. Then I was tired so I would walk again. It is a vicious cycle. The more you walk the slower the run goes and you can never finish. I did finish although not as fast as I would have liked. I wanted to beat my last time but I didn't, I finished in 2:17:40, much slower than the last one. But it is over and my body is not dead and I am happy I finished it.

3 comments:

  1. Way to go, Dyan! When you told me you were running another half after we just finished the last one, I was like...hmmmm....not so sure i'm ready for that again just yet. After reading your blog, I'm glad I opted for the 10k yesterday instead. I think I'll wait for November to roll around to do the Run From the Sun again. Maybe you'll be up for another half by then??? I'm proud of you for doing it! And excited to hike the grand canyon with you in September too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job Dy, you are my hero, truly. ILY

    ReplyDelete
  3. YOU FINISHED ANOTHER HALF MARATHON DYAN...A HUGE ACCOMPLISHMENT...I'm glad too that "IT IS OVER,YOUR BODY IS NOT DEAD AND YOU ARE HAPPY"!! I LOVE YOU DYAN!!!

    ReplyDelete