Thursday, February 11, 2010

Kate

I don't think children should be allowed to grow up. This was my little girl and now she is turning two. I can't believe that two years ago I was preparing for a little girl. We didn't have a name we could agree on and we were not ready for three children. But Kate, after a vote in the hospital on her name, came into my life and it hasn't been the same.
She is the sweetest little girl ever. Whenever Jay is hurt or crying she will go to him and say his name, "Yay," then she will try to comfort him. She loves the color pink in fact pink is one of the few words she says. Everything that is pink is called pink. I am working on using the correct word so maybe she will talk more but so far it is not working. I think she says a total of 10 words. Lets see... mine, me, football, pink, NO, mom, dad, Jack, Jay, hot dog, drink (dink). That's all. I am sure she says more but those are the most important.
Kate loves to sing and dance. But since she says few words when I think she is singing "I am a Child of God" she really could be singing Taylor Swift. It all sounds the same. But when she wants to, she will sing it loud, just not clear.
Kate gives the best kisses. She puckers up and makes the kissing sound. I love it and so do a lot of other people. Should I be worried that she likes to kiss so much. No, she is only two.
Kate also likes to tattle. Whenever something happens that she doesn't like she will come up to me, say one word and then talk gibberish while pointing to her head or shirt. That is usually where she gets hit or hurt. Most of the time I can figure out what happened.
I am truly blessed to have a little girl like Kate. Now I hope I can only learn how to do hair.










6 comments:

  1. Kate is so cute. Hope she has a happy second birthday and we are in the same boat as far as hair goes. I need some lessons in doing little girls hair or something.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dyan she is adorable! I hope she's has a great Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dy, she's so stinkin cute. I love this post, I guess cuz I can see her doing all that stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday, Katie Bug! They grow up way too fast. Cute pictures. Hope she had a fun day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. that was really special...she is a sweet heart for sure. have fun raising a kissing maniac..Just like her mama.

    ReplyDelete