Thursday, February 4, 2010

Reading

I love to read. I can pick up a book and be totally engrossed in it and ignore everything else until I am done with the book. Because of this I have to limit my reading because nothing, nothing gets done. With this said after finishing "The Shack" I asked my brother Joe if he had any books for me to read. I know he is always reading and I trust his opinion. Joe came through with three books, "Team of Rivals, "John Adams", and "Truman". When he brought the books over I was a little overwhelmed. The books are huge. I had to do it, so I measured the books with a ruler. The books measure 5 1/4 inches in total height with a total of 2,392 pages. That is a lot of reading. Joe said his favorite is "Team of Rivals" I am not finding it great yet but am working through it. It is a nonfiction book about Abraham Lincoln so it has a lot of history. I hope to get these books read. I know they are good. Wish me luck.

2 comments:

  1. you can do it D, it's gonna be worth it. Keep going strong. I am inspired by all this historic reading. I'm in. wEll after law school i'm in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Read THE HELP by Kathryn Stockett! You'll find it an easy read but "interesting" after TEAM OF RIVALS, it's so...so good!! and I WOULD LOVE A KISS FROM YOUR CUTE LITTLE KATE!!!

    ReplyDelete