Monday, February 1, 2010

Rain, rain, don't go away

I know it is weird for me to say that I don't want the rain to go away because I love love love the sun. But it was really nice having a week of rain. Yes, here in Mesa, AZ we had rain. We got so much rain that there was water in the river. Crazy!! I remember always seeing water in the river when I was growing up but it is a new experience for my kids. One Sunday Ryan surprised us with a trip to the river.
The first picture is on Alma School Road right here in Mesa. We call the water fall the Salt River Water Fall. If you look way in the background at the mountains you can see snow on them. I love it.

This picture is on McKellips Road. I think Mesa might be the only city that built a road through a river bed. My kids loved being close to the water and throwing rocks into the river. The City of Mesa won't appreciate the rocks when they have to clean the road but we had fun throwing them in.

Jack kept asking if it was a flood. I had to tell him no just water in the river. I love Mesa and the weather we get. I love our winters, falls, and springs. The summers get long but we try to be gone as much as we can.

2 comments:

  1. I love Mesa too and I also remember seeing the river growing up and not really since. Way to finish another half marathon, hopefully I run one someday and maybe a full marathon too, you in? Oh and tell Karrie I want her to invite me to her blog my email is ritarue2@gmail.com. Thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. very fun to have such a close adventure with the water...love it when the river runs. Way to take advantage.

    ReplyDelete