Saturday, June 5, 2010

Jay



My Jay is five. Five years ago today Ryan had a broken ankle and I was having a baby. We were not in good shape, but we survived and have our Jay McRae Ricedorff. He is such a sweetheart, when he wants to be. Last week when we were hiking I was carrying him on my back and tickling him with my hair. He then tells me "mom your hair is soft." I said that is so nice I like it when you say things like that. He then proceeded to say "you like it when I tell you I love you , and that the church is true, and that I feel the spirit in my heart and head." See he can be so sweet and then the next minute decide he doesn't want to be and push Kate down.
Jay is now wanting to be called Alvin. There are days he will not do a single thing I ask him to unless I call him Alvin.
He is going to be starting pre-kindergarten, as we like to call it, in the fall since the plan is to have him do kindergarten twice. We like the idea of him being the oldest instead of the youngest. Even though I think academically he would be fine. He is just a little bit smaller, and by smaller I mean he weighs next to nothing, than the average five year old so we will have him be older. His weight could probably be contributed to the fact that he only eats a few things... cotta (cottage cheese), hot dogs, fruit snacks, grapes, pizza, canned green beans (on occasion), eggs, bananas, string cheese and that might be it. It is a battle each night at dinner to get him to eat. He usually goes to bed hungry. I feel bad but I want him to eat.
Jay is also working on his contractions. Usually he doesn't use them which is probably best because when he does he says things like no I amn't. Which I think means no I am not. He uses this contraction often and I try to correct him but yet I think it is cute so I don't try too hard to correct him.
He is my Jay and I will keep him even though he keeps me on my toes.

3 comments:

  1. Dyan i really liked this post. He is a sweet boy...but Alvin, what the heck. Anyways, keep being the rad mom that you are.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Rocko. This made me smile because I could see every bit of it. Your kid is one of a kind. He's great! You're doing a great job being his mom. Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday, Jay! What a cute picture of him. Hope he had the best birthday so far.

    ReplyDelete