Monday, June 14, 2010

Utah Valley Half Marathon


Ryan had a guys trip last weekend up to Provo to run the Utah Valley Half Marathon. The run goes through Provo canyon and he says it was beautiful. He ran his race quite fast. He wanted to run a half marathon hard, since the only other one he has run was with me and for him it was an easy run. He averaged about a 6:55 mile pace. He said the last mile was killer and he only had a 7:30 pace, his words not mine. I wish I could only have a 7:30 pace. For 30 seconds I ran on the treadmill at a 6:55 pace and wanted to throw up. He was happy with his results and he is well on his way for an under three hour marathon which is his goal for St. George.
So what was his overall time One hour, 30 minutes and 58 seconds, first place in his age group.
Way to go Ryan!!!

3 comments:

  1. That is awesome!!! Tell him way to go from us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!! Congrats Ryan!!! We are really impressed. I seriously think I'm cruising when I run a 10 minute mile. :)

    You guys going to the Adams reunion thing up north for the Fourth? Would love to see you there. We'll probably sleep at my grandparents cabin in Heber, but join the day activities when we can.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ryan - you are my idol. Seriously, that is smokin' fast. 13.1 miles at 6:55 average. I am duly impressed.

    Dyan - tell Ryan that I want to know his training secrets for increasing his speed. Is he doing interval training? Sprints? Or he is just gifted like that?

    BTW - are you going to run the Run from the Sun half again this November? I am.

    ReplyDelete