Friday, June 4, 2010

Memorial Weekend

How grateful I am to the many men and women who have gave their lives for this great nation. Because of their service and the service of the men and women who survived I am free to enjoy the many activities this nation has to offer.
I love Memorial Day weekend. Every year we head up to Show Low so Ryan can play softball, have I ever taken any pictures of that, no. But I did take pictures of the wonderful hike we went on. On Sunday afternoon Rebecca took us all on a hike. It was a two mile stroll next to a stream that ended at the fish hatchery. It was beautiful and the weather was perfect. It was so nice to be outside and enjoying each other's company. We had a great time and I can't wait till next year to celebrate Memorial Day again. Thank you Randy and Rebecca for opening your home to us and thank you Rathen for giving up your room.

Pictured: The group of hikers, Jack and Rhett trying to catch a crawdad, Ryan, Kate and Jay playing in the stream, and Kate playing in the dirt at the ball field, I think she got the dirtiest.

1 comment:

  1. Man, you guys just have the hardest lives. Looks like a fun weekend. Gotta love heading up North, I hope to do it often when i move back. I love the pic of you and Kate all snugglie, either in this post or the one before. so cute.

    ReplyDelete