Sunday, June 20, 2010

You know it's summer when...

You know it's summer when...
  • My kids hair is green, we actually noticed it on June 9th.
  • My kids tans lines are great. I think Kate could be the Coppertone baby with the white bottom and tan body. Yes, I use sunblock we are just outside swimming all the time.
  • When I do laundry I only have two pairs of underwear per kid because they don't shower, they swim.
  • I can't count the number of times I have yelled "shut the door the AC is on."
  • I have burns on my legs from the car seat. We have leather and it hurts when it is hot and poor Kate's car seat gets so hot I have to put a towel over it so she doesn't get burned.
  • My dinners consist of cold cereal, sandwiches and anything that can be microwaved. Who wants to heat up the house by turning on the oven?
  • I have fruit in my fridge that tastes good and I didn't have to take out a small loan to buy it.
  • The lifeguards at Stapley pool know us and know we have a family pass.
  • I am counting the days down until we go to California, only five more.

I hope you are all having a great summer!!!

2 comments:

  1. I think only people who live here can truly appreciate your list. I was laughing so hard because it's so true! Have fun in California!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to take Livy to swim at Stapley pool sometime. Maybe we'll see you guys there. Your list is so true about the summers here!

    ReplyDelete