Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Grateful

I am writing this post with tears in my eyes because I am so grateful. The other day Ryan dropped Jay off at school in a different spot. Ryan had spotted his brother so he followed him around so Jay and Kaden could go to school together. While the boys were getting out of their cars and getting backpacks, Jay decided he could cross the street and head into school. Little did Jay realize that there was a bus coming. Ryan said time stood still and everyone froze. Jay saw the bus and just covered his head and put his arm at to stop it. Thankfully the bus did stop just in time and Jay is okay. But Ryan said it was the scariest thing he has ever witnessed.
But I am grateful. I am grateful that prayers were answered in keeping my family safe. I am grateful that the bus driver was paying attention and was able to stop. I am grateful that even though I was subbing Ryan was around and took care of Jay. I am grateful that the principle took the time to talk to Ryan. I am grateful that Mrs. Burton and Mrs. Long took Jay kicking and screaming on the bus for the field trip that he would have been so upset if he missed and then texted me in the middle of the trip to tell me Jay was okay. I am grateful that had something happened to Jay, two priesthood holders would have been right there. I am grateful for Karrie who took Jay in the afternoon. But most of all I am grateful that Jay was not hurt. That at dinner that night we were together as a family eating pizza and talking about the importance of looking both ways to cross the street. Jay can be a little ornery but my life would not be the same without him and I am so grateful he was watched over and protected.

5 comments:

  1. We've been praying our gratitude for Jay's safety at our house too. What a day, and thankfully he was okay and the sun came up this morning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. holy crap, Dyan! how scary! I'm so grateful everything turned out okay - prayers really are answered! miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So scary Dyan. So glad he's alright.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, wow, Dyan. I had no idea that happened last week. I'm totally crying right now just thinking about it. So glad that the bus was able to stop and that your little man is OK.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Scary! I'm so glad he's okay!!! Let's plan January to get together then. We will talk when it gets closer.

    ReplyDelete