Thursday, November 25, 2010

Thanksgiving

I love Thanksgiving, it is my favorite holiday. What other day of the year do you get to stuff yourself and not feel guilty all while enjoying the company of your family. It is great!!!
This year was like the others. It started with a nice hike up Usury Pass with Rachelle then on to my parents, then on to Ryan's parents. We just hang out and eat all day. The food is set out and I just snack on it all day long. I have no self control on Thanksgiving. But I don't care. I love it and have no guilt.
A tradition my mom started and I try to do every year is make a thankful list. This year we had a thankful notebook and my family would draw pictures and write what we are thankful for. But I need to write my list down so here it is: Ryan, Jack, Jay, Kate, the gospel, Jesus Christ, my mom and dad, my sisters and brothers, my in-laws, freedom, America, the military, my health, rubber bands, diapers, birth control, washer and dryer, electricity, sports, shoes, clothes, sunshine and rain (but mostly the sun), music, atonement, friends, great neighbors, movies, my great ward, my primary kids, and so much more. My list could go on forever. I love Thanksgiving.

1 comment: