Saturday, November 13, 2010

Weekend

I don't normally blog about what I do on the weekends because I usually only go to football games. But this weekend was different. Yes, there was a football game, which Show Low beat Winslow 68-48, but I also went and saw an awesome musical performance, "The Price of Freedom." It was so good and even better because it was free. I am cheap so when I hear about free things that are actually good I take advantage of it. The story is set in World War 2 times and it is about four men who go off to war and the women they leave behind. One leaves a wife who is pregnant, two have a mother who worries about them, and one has a girlfriend. The men and women write letters to each other that are set to music. It was a powerful reminder to me of the great freedoms we enjoy and the people who are willing to fight for those freedoms. I do love learning about World War 2 and I am in awe of that generation. Here is the link to Spire music that puts on the production. If you are ever in need of something to do check the link and see if anything is going on. You will not be disappointed. http://www.spiremusic.org/
On another note I also ran a 10k on Saturday morning. I was not pleased with the race especially since I was suppose to run the half marathon. I was not ready for a half and in fact the 10k was not fun. I finished in 1:01.10. My slowest time for this race. I had no joy in running and wanted to quit halfway through. But since that is not an option I finished. I need to mix up my work outs. I think I will try hiking again. I do enjoy that. I love being outside and soaking up the sun. But for now my racing days are over at least until I get talked into one.

1 comment:

  1. Glad you enjoyed it! I was a tad cold... but always love this show!! So scary about Jay. Glad that he was OK. Moments like that make you so grateful for what you have. What a blessing! And cute pics of your little cheerleader!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete