Monday, April 4, 2011

Great Weekend

I had a fabulous weekend. It started Friday with a surprise call from my mom offering to babysit. Which worked out perfectly because Ryan had gotten tickets to the Suns game. Usually Jack gets to go cause it's last minute and we don't have a sitter but this time I got to go. It is always fun to go on a date with my husband. We chatted watched some basketball and enjoyed each other's company. Even better that the Suns won and were blowing out the Clippers so we left early. Saturday I watched the morning session of conference then we went out to Goodyear to watch Rathen play baseball. I love watching baseball and being outside. The weather was nice if you stayed in the shade, which we did. Show Low won the first game to make it to the championship game but then they lost to Florence in the championship game. But it was a great day, really any day watching baseball and being outside is a great day. Sunday was too much fun. I love watching and listening to conference. I love the speakers and how each talk is directed straight to me. I loved all of the talks. President Monson's talk on temples was such a reminder that I need to go more often. I mean really is it 15 minutes away, tops, not 2500 miles like the examples he gave. I loved Paul V. Johnson's talk on affliction. I feel like I have had a very blessed life but I know others who are going through some tough times and I thought of them and prayed that as they listened to this talk they felt peace. My new calling is ward missionary so President Uchtdorf's talk on serving others and being a good example in order to preach the gospel was especially for me. Of course I can't forget the Sunday afternoon talk by Lynn G. Robbin, on parenting. I starred the notes and will be rereading that one again and again. I love conference. Conference also means that on Sunday we get to go to my parents house for beans and bread. It is a great tradition that I love. Maybe it's more about the family all getting together than the food. It is so much fun watching the boys, Jack, Jay, Jake, Durham, Raulin, Ty, and Wyatt all play whiffle ball until the big boys, Ryan,Dale, Matt, and Joe kick them off the field. It is fun to hold the babies and to just be together as a family. I am truly blessed with a wonderful family.
Like I said my weekend was great!!!!

2 comments:

  1. wow you are the ward mission leader - what the heck? This weekend was great, I was thinking that my students wouldn't think so what did i do, clean house, take a nap, listen to the prophet, visit with family and hold babies :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun weekend for sure. Baseball, family get-togethers and conference, nothing better

    ReplyDelete