Saturday, April 30, 2011

Easter

Wow it has taken me long to post about my Easter weekend. But to sum it up it was wonderful, especially after I was done talking in church. Yes, Ryan and I both got asked to speak in church on Easter Sunday. I didn't think it was right, aren't you suppose to have the best members in the ward speak on Easter Sunday? But once I got the assignment, which was how to develop Christlike attributes, I realized that I needed to give this talk so that I might become more Christlike and focused on the Savior. Preparing for the talk really gave me a different perspective and I hope has helped me focus on attaining Christlike attributes. It also helped me focus on Easter and all that Easter means.
Saturday we went to Ryan's grandparents house for their Easter egg coloring and hunt. The kids love it and enjoy seeing their second cousins. For the hunt real and plastic eggs were hidden. Kate figured out pretty early which eggs she wanted, only the plastic they had candy.
Jack, Jay and Kate coloring eggs.



Sunday morning we woke up bright and early, Jack figured out that the Easter bunny had come and wanted to see his basket and find eggs. Jack and Kate got goggles and Jay got a swimsuit. It seems like every year the Easter bunny brings something the kids need for the summer. That Easter bunny is one smart woman, except she brought way too much candy. he he he.
Jack, Jay and Kate all dressed up for Easter Sunday.




After church we went to my parents house. It was so enjoyable. I think my kids are getting older and less needy. I only had to fix two plates of food, mine and Kate's. Then the kids all play outside and have so much fun. We did an Easter egg hunt out front. And again the kids all got way too much candy. But it was so enjoyable. I love my family.
Most of the cousins, we missed Dale's family, getting ready for the Easter egg hunt.




Annie, Keelie and Kate getting ready to race. Joe wanted the girls to race so we lined them up and off they went. It was so funny because Kate was so intent on running. Apparently she got a head start but she still won by a mile. She might be my little runner or at the very least my little competitor.


It was such a great weekend. I love Easter and the reminder of all that our Savior did for us. I know that He lives and atoned for my sins.

4 comments:

  1. that race cracked me up I loved it, go kate here speed will come in handy when she is a cheerleader

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I could have heard your talk. You are amazing and a great example.

    ReplyDelete
  3. that was a great post. you have always been a great person, Dyan - and it seems like you just keep getting more and more amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh, and your kids are GORGEOUS!

    ReplyDelete