Friday, April 8, 2011

Potty Trained

After eight years of buying diapers I am done. I potty trained Kate. I know she is old but for me it is so much easier to have my children be older. I don't have to fight with them as much and it takes all of a day to potty train. I started on Monday as soon as Kate woke up. I took her diaper off and set her on the toilet. She cried so I offered her chocolate to sit on the toilet. After that she became smarter than me and would sit on the toilet every five minutes just to get chocolate. A little later we were at the table and she started to pee. We ran to the bathroom and she went the rest of the way on the toilet. It was smooth sailing after that. A little later she wanted to watch "Tangled" so I said you have to poop in the toilet so she did. "Tangled" was her big prize for pooping in the toilet. That night we went to my in-laws and she did just fine. I was worried about dance on Tuesday but Kate said "Miss Beverly has a toilet, I don't need a pull-up." She went at Miss Beverly's, she went at the restaurant, she did great while we ran errands, never needing to go and so far she has had no accidents. She is still in diapers at night but at all other times no diapers, not even underwear. Yep, Kate goes commando everyday. I am hoping this changes but I haven't fought it. I switched to the smaller purse and I am loving no poopie diapers. Why didn't I do this sooner?

1 comment:

  1. congrats to you - it is so much easier when they are older. Hope you had a good b-day, was that part of your b-day present?

    ReplyDelete