Monday, August 8, 2011

Random things my kids say

I am always amazed at the things my kids say and do. Here are a few funnies from the summer.
Kate: While straddling the pack and play at Lake Powell "ouch my nuts." Gotta love having two older brothers. Kate and I were talking about what she wants to be when she grows up. I asked her if she was going to be a mom and she responded with, "Yes, but I will have to get big boobers." (breasts, thanks Annie for the nickname) Now every time I get in the shower with her she will proceed to tell me "moms have big boobers, Jack, Jay, and dad don't cause they is boys. And I don't cause I am little."
Jay: "Mom, why is it Gulliver's Travels? He only goes on one trip so it should be travel." How can I argue with that? He also asked, "mom, to get an egg don't you need a chicken?" I said yes, so he responded with "but how do you get a chicken if you don't have an egg?" He was pondering the question which came first the chicken or the egg. Julie said next time give him the answer,"live righteously so when you get to heaven you can ask Heavenly Father that question." I don't like that my kids are getting smarter than me.
Jack: "Mom, do you know that gross thing moms and dads do to get kids?" I said yes, I have three kids. His response was "well what is it?" He has asked a bunch of times about it. I am not ready for the birds and the bees talk. Any advice on this? Jack is also starting to really say great prayers. He takes his time and really prays for people and he is always so grateful for the things he has. He is a great example to me when it comes to praying.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness!!! Those are SO funny!!! Where do kids come up with this stuff? Loved all the recent posts. Looks like you guys have had a great summer!!

    ReplyDelete