Sunday, April 18, 2010

Mother of the Year

For all of you out there, there is no longer need for worry. I am no longer in the running for Mother of the Year. I know I was in a close race for first, but I failed. What did I do? I forgot to be the Tooth Fairy. Jack lost his 5th tooth yesterday and I forgot to take the tooth and give him money. I forgot this even after he had reminded me. Thankfully the tooth fairy was able to come while we were at church. It was also helpful that we have seen the movie "The Tooth Fairy" so I just played it off like it was a new tooth fairy and that he was happy he wouldn't have to shrink himself or use any other props like the Rock had to. I think it worked out nice. Maybe I am back in the running for Mother of the Year.

3 comments:

  1. Man, your kid is a sucker, but well played on your part. Don't worry, I'll re-nominate you for moty next year, you'll get it someday, just be patient.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no! We kept you all up too late. I'm sure any mother would have forgotten after a 10 hour drive home from a friends house. :) We had such a great time! Give me a call if you need to pick my brain. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so funny. Way to save it. We just barely saw that movie. I just posted some funny pictures of the night Jay spent the night at the Ricedorff's.

    ReplyDelete