Thursday, April 15, 2010

two good reads

Two books that I have read since "Team of Rivals," "The Hunger Games" and "The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society." Both are totally different from each other. I enjoyed both immensely and was sucked into them enough that I ignored my family. Thankfully they were easy reads and I read them quick.
"The Hunger Games is very graphic and gory and a series book with only two written so far. The third and I think final book is due out August 24, 2010. I have reserved the second book at the library but hopefully will find another copy before so I can know what happens.
"The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society" was great. I think it is my favorite of the two. It is a series of letters written to different people. It gave a little history of the island of Guernsey and the people there during the German Occupation of WW2. I love fiction books with history in them. I feel like I am getting some truth with a great story.
If you are looking for something to read I would recommend either of these two books. But know that you will be sucked in and your family, life, house and whatever else will be ignored until you are done.





3 comments:

  1. Oh I love the Hunger Games, can't wait for the third book. They suck me in and I am useless until I am finished with a good read too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have got to be kidding me. I guess we are basically reading twins separated at birth. :) I just finished both of those myself and actually just finished "Catching Fire", the Hunger Games sequel yesterday. Loved it. You need to get your hands on it soon... although I can almost guarantee you will ignore your children again. :) Anyway, loved both books. I loved Guernsey as well, but thought the end was a little "too" perfect, ya know? What you reading next?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dy - I love love loved both of those books. Wish we lived closer, we could have our own little club. The "wives of college football players who read great books" club. Miss you :-)

    ReplyDelete