Thursday, May 26, 2011

end of school

It is the last day of school and I think I am ready for June, July not so much but I know I can get through June. I am amazed at what my boys learned this year. Jack aced his math facts and became quite the little reader. He likes to go to the library and check out chapter books and then wants to read them. I love it and hope he always loves to read. Jack had a second grade play titled "Sounds a Little Fishy." He loved it. He would come home everyday singing and dancing. It was so fun to watch and I found out after the show that the school alternates every other year so I will get to see the same play when Jay is in second grade.
Jack with his teacher Mrs. Trujillo. Jack loved her and I really think she liked Jack.

Jack in his school play doing his little dance part.

Now on to Jay, let me just say he is the middle child and so pictures are a rarity. I should just apologize now to him. I know he will blame me for his troubles when he gets older because I failed at taking pictures. But with that being said. Jay did great in school. We were planning on holding him back, because his birthday is in June so he is young for his age, but he did so good in school we are sending him on to first grade. He just gave me his report card and had all P's for proficient or in Jay's world perfect. Jay had two of the best teachers ever, Mrs. Burton and Mrs. Long. I am so impressed at what they taught Jay. He is reading and writing like no other. Those two teachers taught him to love learning and really in kindergarten what else do you need to learn? He says when he grows up he wants to make robots, write and color books, and be an engineer. All great goals that I know he can accomplish.
Now it is on to summer. August 10th is just around the corner, not that I am looking forward to the start of school.

1 comment:

  1. Lucky - tay and I have 3 more days, my kids finished today too, it is amazing what they learn, then jr high hits and they forget it all :)

    ReplyDelete